INSTEON has an opening for an Android Developer to work in a fast-paced, high energy environment. We are looking for the right person to join a highly motivated team that has extensive experience in Android mobile development. This is a hands-on position where you will be developing native application for Android capable devices (Smart phones, tablets, TVs, auto…etc)
INSTEON is a consumer electronic company that is the leader in the Home Automation space. The software team creates applications that provide the interface to those devices through different communication layers. The right candidate will have experience in network communication, client/server technologies, as well as ownership of the Android deliverables.
- Developer for Android Applications (Mobile and Device based)
- Maintaining code base in a ‘ready’ state where builds could be produced frequently
- Maintain documentation of systems and procedures
- Drive to completion features and issues through task based assignments.
- Participating member of an Agile Development team
- 3 - 4+ years of experience developing Android Applications in an OOP environment.
- Must be proficient with Java and another higher level language
- Experience with Eclipse/Android SDK, Git, and issue tracking software
- Must understand and be able to implement structured programming best practices
- Work in a multi-thread environment, and be proficient with Socket level programming
- Quickly troubleshoot issues, determine root cause, and provide resolution
- Experience with HTTP/HTTPs GET/POST request through documented/undocumented API’s
- Ability to multi-task and solve problems
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excel in a task driven environment
- Previous development work in an Agile Software Development Environment
- Experience with mobile development on iOS and Windows Mobile
- Previous experience with Issue Tracking applications (Atlassian/JIRA)
- Proficiency with a scripting language (Python,Ruby…)
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with Automated Testing
How to Apply
Please email your resume as an attachment to [email protected] and indicate why you're the perfect match for this position. Please also indicate a salary requirement when emailing.
Please make your subject "Android Developer – [FIRST NAME, LAST NAME>]".
Smarthome is an equal opportunity employer.