- What's Included
Simplify your life with the power of Smart Watering*. Blossom self-programs based on real-time weather data and gives you control right from your phone, lowering your water bill up to 30%.
* Additional, detailed information about Smart Watering State-of-the-Yard App Painless Installation For the Great Outdoors Blossom is outfitted with innovations that make your watering schedule smarter and your sprinkler control simpler. Install your Blossom device and control it from anywhere with your smart phone or tablet. No digging. No need for a contractor. No special tools. Blossom works with your current irrigation system. Installation is simple, DIY-friendly process that you can do all on your own. Most controllers are for indoor use only. Blossom is approved for outdoor use and meets an IP54 standard to protect your device from dust and water, so you can be confident anywhere you install your device it will be safe. Real-Time Weather Xona Technology Wi-Fi or Powerline Blossom utilizes a cloud solution to access a highly scalable infrastructure of real-time weather data. The device gathers current local weather and accurate forecasts from multiple weather services to generate a perfectly optimized watering plan for your yard. Every yard is different, so Blossom assesses hundreds of data points to create a customized watering solution for your yard. Based on different vegetation, sprinkler types and natural exposure to the elements, Blossom will give each zone a unique schedule. Blossom was designed to easily integrate with your home network via Wi-Fi. However, because the reach of Wi-Fi is limited, Blossom includes a Powerline Bridge* that turns electrical outlets into internet connections making range essentially limitless.
*This is not a dual-band device - either Wi-Fi or the Powerline Bridge is used, not both simultaneously. Wi-Fi is the recommended setup.
Brand Blossom Manufacturer Part Number AWICD-0100 UPC Code 858283005003 Watering Zones 12 Connection Wi-Fi or Powerline Master Valve Yes Power Input 120VAC Station Output 24VAC Pump/Master Valve 24VAC / 0.25A Pump/Master Valve 24VAC / 0.25A Weather Intelligence Yes Rated for Outdoor Installation Yes Mobile App iOS and Android Desktop Control Web App Operating Temperature 0° F to 130° F Dimensions 8.75” W x 8.75” H x 2.26” D Weight 4.49lbs Compliance Approvals FCC
- Setup was easy and is working well so far Review by Peter
Setup was easy and is working well so far
Swap out and setup went quickly. I had it all done within an hour (6 zone, 7 day schedule) which included disabling zones on selected days, tweaking defaults, etc. It really was quite easy. I can't vouch for cost savings yet, but I think mileage will vary based on geographical location, rainfall and irrigation setup. I can imagine scenarios where it would water more or less than a simple controller given the baseline programming on the initial controller. It does seem to have sufficient features to customize and tweak to get good results though.
I don't know why raleighNC thought it needed to be hardwired to the router. It comes with a power line Ethernet adapter to obviate the need for an Ethernet run to the controller assuming it is not in range of a WiFi access point. In any case Blossom recommends using WiFi which I was able to and did.
Posted on 6/23/2016
- First posted review by raleighNC. Read the manual. Review by CJ
First posted review by raleighNC. Read the manual.
It uses pairing between the two devices. Don't let this person install anything.
Posted on 6/3/2016
- Impractical Device. False Advertising. Review by raleighNC
Impractical Device. False Advertising.
What they don't tell you is that this device must be CAT5 line connected to a router. How many people live in an existing home where your irrigation wiring dead ends anywhere near a router ... or, it is practical, or even possible, to run a cat 5 cable from the dead end of your irrigation wiring back to a router? Like ... NO ONE. None of their literature lets this be known. All of the pictures of their product show only an electrical connection from to the device. FALSE ADVERTISING. I ordered it. It is useless. It would cost a tremendous amount of money and time to find a way to hardwire from my basement where the irrigation wiring dead ends ... up to a router. What a total waste of money.
Posted on 5/17/2016
- Good but Review by Pagerr
I like the look of the unit, and the ease of installation. What I'm not happy with is the intelligence of the unit. I continue to see the unit running just 24 hours after a record rain. I live in San Diego, and on Tuesday we received over an inch of rain. On Thursday the sprinklers came on just as if no rain had come. In California we can be fined for sprinklers running after any measurable rain fall. This sprinkler has yet to prove that it is smart, or cutting back on my water use.
Posted on 9/18/2015
- Great controller Review by Dave
I am really happy with this controller. Setup was fairly easy. Have had one for 6 months and have had no issues. And it helped me reduce my water usage 42%! They have added some features to the app, which are great. Hope they keep enhancing the app. I recommend this product. (note, this is stand alone; it isn't insteon or other compatible.)
Posted on 9/10/2015
- Blossom is Awesome Review by SoCal Kyle
Blossom is Awesome
This is a really great product. After trying a couple of other Wi-Fi sprinkler controllers, the Blossom really stands out with it's ease of use compared to the others. The whole idea of a WiFi controller is to be able to easily control your sprinkler from a simple app; all the other apps I tried did not come close in comparison. I like the ability to test sprinklers, take pictures of your zones, specify what type of grass, trees, shrubs it is you are watering (applicable to the smart watering), easily setup schedules and amount of time to water, or just use the smart watering option...what I really like is the ability to just quickly turn a zone on and off for a while if I think an area needs some more water. Give it a try, you wont be disappointed.
Posted on 6/15/2015
Leave a Review
• Quick-Start Guide
• What is Smart Watering
• 1x - Smart Watering Controller
• 1x - Mouting Bracket
• 1x - Set of Mounting Hardware
• 1x - Ethernet Cord
• 1x - Powerline Bridge
• 1x - Cable Labels