- What's Included
It has long been thought that a house becomes a home when we make it reflect who we are, when we personalize it, when we fill it with objects we treasure. And all of that remains true, but it no longer needs to be just the objects we put in our home that personalizes it. Like the music that gently fills the background of your favorite restaurant, Aeotec's Micro Switches create the perfect ambiance for your home, and then some. They also give you the perfect control and the perfect, intelligent automation.
The Aeotec Z-Wave Micro Illuminator Dimmer Switch G2 is a low-cost Z-Wave dimmer module specifically used to enable Z-Wave command and control (on/off/dim) for existing in-wall switches. The wireless module is powered from the mains supply and is a three-wire design which requires a neutral connection. In the event of power failure, non-volatile memory retains all programmed information relating to the unit's operating status. It also is a repeater in the Z-Wave network. Acting as a bridge for communication, it will forward Z-Wave command messages to their destinations if the originating controller is out of range from the destination node. By taking advantage of the Z-Wave mesh network, commands can be routed to their destination via intermediary 'listening' Z-Wave products. Products that are Z-Wave certified can be used and communicate with other Z-Wave certified devices.
Across two regular Micro Switches and three Smart Energy Micro Switches (see below for descriptions), each one letting you perfect everything from your home's lights to its appliances and to its motorized curtains, you'll find that the same magic has been built right into the tiny body of each switch. Z-Wave is perfect when you don't see it. It's perfect only when you feel it. And Aeotec's Micro Switches provide just that. Cleverly crafted to fit within the walls of your home, each Micro Switch can fit behind your existing switches, modern switches, or nothing at all. And once they're setup within your walls, they'll provide you with all the control you need, from lighting control to appliance control to motor control. Aeotec's Micro Switches are Z-Wave made invisible.
Regular Micro Switches
• Z-Wave Micro Switch G2 - single load on/off control
• Z-Wave Micro Illuminator Switch G2 - single load dimming control
Note: Aeotec also offers switches with the words 'Smart Energy' in the product title - these switches offer identical functionality with the ability to monitor energy consumption and report immediate wattage consumption or kWh energy usage over a period of time:
Micro 'Smart Energy' Switches:
• Micro Smart Energy Relay Switch G2 - single load on/off control + energy monitoring
• Micro Double Smart Energy Relay Switch G2 - dual load on/off control + energy monitoring
• Micro Smart Energy Illuminator Dimmer Switch G2
Suits Any Home
Each Micro Switch is tiny to begin with, but it becomes invisible when it's installed within your home's wall or ceiling space. That means it works with your home's existing switches, modern switches you want to buy, or spaces with no switches at all. It's Z-Wave made invisible.
You can control each Micro Switch from a wall switch or from multiple wall switches. You can also control each of them from any Z-Wave remote control including Aeotec's Minimote and key fob remote (each sold separately). And you can control them one at a time or multiple switches at once.
At its heart, each switch is powered by the same technology and intelligence that binds all of Aeotec's products: Z-Wave. Once installed, each switch form part of the foundation of your home's Z-Wave network. A network you can control but also one that responds to your needs and to your whims.
We've long been limited to how we can control our home's most basic devices, the Micro Switches change all that. Yes, your wall switches will still work but for all the other times your smart phone, be it an iPhone or Android, becomes the switch. Anywhere and everywhere. At home, at work and abroad.*
* Smartphone control of the in wall Z-Wave switches depends on the use of a compatible gateway, and a corresponding iPhone or Android app. Control away from the home depends on a compatible phone plan. Standard data charges from your phone network may apply.
Turning On/Off/Dim the Z-Wave Micro Illuminator Dimmer Switch G2
• Through the usage of Z-Wave commands built into Z-Wave certified controllers and gateways. (The specific Z-Wave commands supporting this function are the Basic Command Class, Multilevel Switch Command Class, and Scene Activation Command Class) Please consult the operation manual for these controllers for specific instructions on controlling the Illuminator.
• Pressing the button on the Micro Illuminator Dimmer switch G2 will toggle power flow (on/off) through the Micro Smart Energy Illuminator G2. By holding the button, the lamp will be dimmed up or down.
Change Mode on the External Switch/Button Control
• The Aeotec Z-Wave Micro Illuminator Dimmer Switch G2 is set to be controlled via 2-state (flip/flop) external wall switch by default. Pushing and holding the button 6 seconds on the Micro Illuminator Dimmer Switch G2 will swap between this default mode and the momentary push button external wall switch mode.
• Through the usage of Z-Wave command built into Z-Wave certified controllers and gateways. (The specific Z-Wave command supporting this function is Configuration Command Class) Please consult the operation manual for these controllers for specific instructions on changing external wall switch mode of the Aeotec Micro Smart Energy Illuminator G2.
Specifications Manufacturer Aeon Labs, Aeotec Manufacturer Product No. DSC27xxx-ZWUS Power
- 120V 60Hz input
- 300W or 2.5A max output.
Certifications CE, RoHS, FCC, UL
Leave a Review
- 1x - Z-Wave Micro Illuminator Dimmer Switch G2
- 1x - Installation Guide
- 1x - Z-Wave Micro Illuminator Dimmer Switch G2