- Offers wireless zone control where an in-wall Control Pad can’t be conveniently mounted
- Uses Radio Frequency (RF) technology to communicate through a 2.4GHz spectrum
- 1.6" OLED display screen allows you to view up to eight lines of text and/or metadata
- Works with NuVo Grand Concerto (I8G), Essentia (E6G) and Renovia systems
Take full advantage of your NuVo whole home audio system with the NuVo Wireless Control Pad System. With wireless RF control of your NuVo whole home audio system, you are free to move about your home. Choosing the zone you wish to control and full management of your audio sources are as simple as the touch of a button. The multi-line OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) display provides clear and vivid feedback that takes the guesswork out of your music listening experience. Experience all the same control and metadata as the on wall Control Pads, but in a handheld, portable package
The included Coordinator acts as the interface between the Wireless Control Pad and your NuVo Grand Concerto (I8G), NuVo Essentia (E6G) or Renovia system; the Coordinator is designed to communicate with up to five Wireless Control Pads. All that's required is a simple cat. 5 connection between the Coordinator and your NuVo system and once the Wireless Control Pad is first powered on, it is designed to guide the user
through a setup procedure. With the Wireless Control Pad System, convenience and control are in the palm of your hand.
This product can only be shipped to the billing address & only within the USA. Orders containing this item and shipping to an alternate address (non-billing address) will not be processed. The shipping & billing addresses must be the same. Canadian customers may ship to a U.S. address.
Wireless control pad
Wireless control pad dock
Wireless control pad coordinator/repeater
Network CAT5 cable, 10 feet
Mini-B, USB power supply, North America
Wireless Control Pad Features
Basic Source Control
- Selected Source: A three-character abbreviation of the selected source appears in this portion of the Wireless Control Pad display.
- OLED Display: The display is multi-line OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode). It shows album, artist and track for personal music, and channel and frequency information for broadcast music. In menu mode, the display goes to eight lines of text.
- Progress Bar: This shows the play status for the selected music and also acts as a volume level indicator.
- Menu Button: This button gives the user access to their music library and setup options.
- Up and Down Arrows: These are used to scroll up and down through the menus and control volume up and down in normal play mode.
- Power Button: This turns the Wireless Control Pad on and off.
- Time and Battery Display: This reflects the current time as set up in the NuVo Grand Concerto System. Note that it is a Grand Concerto-only function. It also indicates the current battery charge level.
- Zone Button: When this button is pushed, a list of available listening zones is listed on the display. The user can change zone control by moving the highlight to the desired zone and pressing the OK button.
- OK button: This button is used to confirm the selection of a menu item, or scroll through the available sources.
- Forward and Back Arrows: In NuVoNet communication, these buttons will track forward and back or tune up and down. For third-party sources, these are IR - programmable buttons for simple source transport functions. An additional "press and hold" command can also be assigned to this button for additional functionality (IR commands can only be assigned to buttons in the I8G and E6G Configuration software).
- Play/Pause Button: When using the NuVo Tuners, this button toggles through the Tuner's available broadcast bands, or functions as a simple play/pause toggle for the NuVoNet personal music sources. This is also an IR - programmable button for third party sources. It offers additional "press and hold" functionality (IR commands can only be assigned to buttons in the I8G and E6G Configuration software).
Wireless Control Pad Menu Functions
- Arrow Forward and Arrow Back: These are typically used for moving forward or back by track or preset. When listening to the NuVoNet Music Port or M3 Audio Server as personal music devices, these arrows will move the selection up or down by track when they are tapped. A press and hold goes into fast forward or rewind.
- Arrow Up and Arrow Down: These buttons serve a dual function. When a source is playing they become volume up and down. When the Menu button is pushed they move the selection highlight up and down through the selected menu.
- Play/Pause Button: This is used as the standard toggling play/pause function associated with personal music devices when it is used with the NuVoNet Music Port, NuVoDocks for iPod or M3 Audio Server.
- Power Button: In normal operation, pressing the Power button turns the associated zone off. Pressing and holding the Power button turns all the zones off simultaneously
The Menu button gives access to specific music selection and control for each source as well as zone and system setting capability. When the MENU button is pushed, the display goes to an eight-line screen labeled Main Menu. Making menu choices is done by pressing the Menu button and using the Up or Down arrows to highlight the desired selection. Once the selection is highlighted, press the OK button.
Recharging the Wireless Control Pad
- Main Menu: There are four Main Menu items that are consistent to all source selections and pertain to general system and zone control. They are Favorites, Sources, Advanced Zone Control and Setup.
- Setup: The Setup menu is for specific system setup. It consists of several subset menus. The Setup Menu contains installer level control. These are defined as 'Advanced'.
- Favorites, Zone Settings (Balance, Bass, Treble, Loudness Compensation, Volume Settings and Display Settings)
- System Settings: This menu option controls system-wide settings
- Date/Time, 24 Hour Time Display, Power Off Mode, Mute/Off/w/ Menu, and Off/All-Off
Recharging the battery occurs when the Wireless Control Pad is placed in the dock. A battery indicator shows the current charge level with four bars indicating a full charge. In continuous operation, battery life is 20 hours. An internal motion sensor will turn off the Wireless Control Pad when it senses no use. In its off position, battery life is 100 hours.
|Manufacturer Product No.:||NVWCPS|
|Wireless Control Pad|
|Battery:||Type: Rechargeable Polymer Lithium-Ion|
Capacity: 1200 mAh
Battery Life Operating: 20 hours
Battery Life Standby: 100 hours
Battery Charge Time: 3 hours
|Connector:||4-pin female docking connector|
|Dimensions:||4.621" H x 2.007" W x 0.717" D (117.386mm H x 50.969mm W x 18.248mm D|
|Wireless Control Pad Dock|
|External Power Supply:||Input: 85-265VAC, 50/60Hz|
Output: 5V DC +/-5%, X Amp Max
Voltage Input: 85-265VAC, 50/60Hz
Voltage Output: 5V DC +/- 5%
Rated Current: X Amp max.
|Connectors:||USB Mini-B (power only); 4-pin male docking connector|
|Dimensions:||1.260" H x 2.756" W x 2.135" D (32mm H x 70mm W x 55mm D|
|Wireless Control Pad Coordinator / Repeater|
|Maximum Number of Remotes:||Five (5)|
|Connector:||USB mini-B (Power for repeater mode only); NuVoNet RJ45 (required for Coordinator mode)|
|Dimensions:||4.385" H x 2.754" W x 1.165" D (111.386mm H x 69.962mm W x 29.6mm D)|
Only defective exchanges for identical item within 30 days of purchase. No other returns allowed on this item. For defective returns after 30 days, please contact the manufacturer.
Manufacturer contact information: Nuvo Technologies Inc, Tel: (859) 817-7200