The Smarthome SELECT 6.5-Inch LCR/Surround Directional In-Wall Speakers with Rimless Grilles have been manufactured to meet our customers' need for exceptional sound, high-quality construction, and ultimate value, representing everything that great speakers should be. They create a dramatically rich sound stage with crisp vocals, smooth mid-range, and deep resounding bass that is beyond compare. With several upgraded features when comapred to the competition, a larger woofer, larger tweeter, rimless grille, and a near flush magnetic mount, you will enjoy the same premium sound with a seamless, professional finish to your installation.
Smarthome defines these speakers as LCR/Surround Directional. 'LCR' as your L
enter and R
ight Channel speakers, 'Surround' as your Middle and Rear Channel Surround
Sound speakers, and 'Directional' because the tweeter can be directed
to specific areas for optimal listening. This means that if you want to enjoy simple Left and Right Channel stereo sound this pair of speakers will work perfect, or if you intend to create a 3 Channel, 5 Channel, 7 Channel or 9 Channel Surround Sound System, these speakers will also work perfect, just add more speakers (also available individually
) or consider one of our Smarthome SELECT pre-packaged surround sound kits. You can even augment their performance with a Smarthome SELECT subwoofer to deliver deeper and more powerful bass for a completely immersive experience. Rimless Grille
- what really makes this product a star is the rimless grille. Other in-ceiling speakers typically feature a grille with a wide unsightly rim, a grille that can often be easily dented when being forced into place, and is usually domed and sticking out from the ceiling. These speakers install using simple twist-lock brackets, so there is no installation ring required. Then the rimless grille can be installed, using the latest and greatest technology. As the name implies, it has almost no visible rim around the edge (less than 1/8"), it simply snaps into place magnetically to the speaker and sits virtually flush with your wall. The grille also has a sealed back cover that protects the speaker and crossover from dust and moisture, and it can be painted to match the texture and color of your walls - so you end up with a quick, clean, professional finish to your home theater / audio system every time. Plenty of Power
- with heavy duty 6.5-inch polypropylene co-polymer woofers rated at 50 Watts RMS (continuous use) and 100 Watts Max (quick use) that feature an open-slope 6dB/per octave with impedance compensation network and 18 gauge low resistance-high damp coils, these speakers will fill your listening areas with all the audio you can handle.Directional Sound
- with any home theater system it is important to diect the sound where it's needed the most. These speakers feature a built-in pivoting tweeter that offers up to 15 degrees of rotation in any forward facing direction. So whether you have a large area or a small area you can send the mid to high end frequencies to the sweet spot of your room for optimal listening pleasure.1 1/2" Liquid Cooled Silk Dome Tweeter
- most speakers of this size use 1/2" or 3/4" tweeters that can deliver less-than-optimal response in the high-frequency range. We have added huge 1 1/2" neo-driven pivoting silk dome tweeters to these speakers that are not only very efficient, but they are liquid cooled to ensure proper sound reproduction at high volume levels for extended periods of time, allowing you to enjoy your music at any volume level you wish for as long as you please.High Fidelity
- it takes the right components to produce high-quality reproduction of sound, and these speakers make it happen. Steep slope acoustically engineered filters for higher efficiency, increased power handling and cleaner output. Impedance compensation networks for greater amplifier compatibility, increased detail, wider soundstage, improved imaging and better depth perception. Mylar film capacitors in-line with by-pass technology for increased detail and transparency. 18 gauge copper wire, high power, low resistance iron core coils and protection networks. Hard-wired NASA grade PC boards for much greater unit-to-unit consistency. Multi-composite polypropylene woofers with bump-down back plates and CCAW voice coils, combining for longer excursion, improved transient response and lower distortion output.Quality is a Priority
- extensive testing has been done on all final designs, as well as critical listening and final voicing, to ensure that we are delivering a top grade product that will satisfy even the most demanding audio purists.
There is a complete line of Smarthome SELECT products
available to help you build a premium home theater.Quick Tip
: Don't forget to add some speaker wire to your order!