The Smarthome SELECT 6.5-Inch LCR/Surround Directional In-Ceiling Speaker with Rimless Grille is the next evolution of the original Smarthome SELECT 6-Inch In-Ceiling Speaker
. Just like the original, this speaker has been manufactured to meet our customers' need for exceptional sound, high-quality construction, and ultimate value, representing everything that a great speaker should be. It creates a dramatically rich sound stage with crisp vocals, smooth mid-range, and deep resounding bass that is beyond compare. With upgraded features that include a larger woofer, larger tweeter, rimless grille, and a near flush magnetic mount, you will enjoy the same premium sound with a seamless, professional finish to your installation.
Smarthome defines this speaker as LCR/Surround Directional. 'LCR' as your L
enter and R
ight Channel speakers, 'Surround' as your Middle and Rear Channel Surround
Sound speakers, and 'Directional' because the tweeter can be directed
to specific areas for optimal listening. This speaker will work perfect as the center channel of a 3 Channel, 5 Channel, 7 Channel or 9 Channel Surround Sound System, you can also order this speaker as a pair
or consider one of our Smarthome SELECT pre-packaged surround sound kits. You can even augment the performance with a Smarthome SELECT subwoofer to deliver deeper and more powerful bass for a completely immersive experience. Rimless Grille
- what really makes this product a star is the rimless grille. Other in-ceiling speakers typically feature a grille with a wide unsightly rim, a grille that can often be easily dented when being forced into place, and is usually domed and sticking out from the ceiling. These speakers install using simple twist-lock brackets, so there is no installation ring required. Then the rimless grille can be installed, using the latest and greatest technology. As the name implies, it has almost no visible rim around the edge (less than 1/8"), it simply snaps into place magnetically to the speaker and sits virtually flush with your ceiling. The grille also has a sealed back cover that protects the speaker and crossover from dust and moisture, and it can be painted to match the texture and color of your ceilings - so you end up with a quick, clean, professional finish to your home theater / audio system every time. Plenty of Power
- with a heavy duty 6.5-inch polypropylene co-polymer woofer rated at 50 Watts RMS (continuous use) and 100 Watts Max (quick use) that features an open-slope 6dB/per octave with impedance compensation network and 18 gauge low resistance-high damp coils, this speaker will fill your listening areas with all the audio you can handle.Directional Sound
- with any home theater system it is important to diect the sound where it's needed the most. This speaker features a built-in pivoting tweeter that offers up to 15 degrees of rotation in any forward facing direction. So whether you have a large area or a small area you can send the mid to high end frequencies to the sweet spot of your room for optimal listening pleasure.1 1/2" Liquid Cooled Silk Dome Tweeter
- most speakers of this size use 1/2" or 3/4" tweeters that can deliver less-than-optimal response in the high-frequency range. We have added a huge 1 1/2" neo-driven pivoting silk dome tweeter to this speaker that is not only very efficient, but it is liquid cooled to ensure proper sound reproduction at high volume levels for extended periods of time, allowing you to enjoy your music at any volume level you wish for as long as you please.High Fidelity
- it takes the right components to produce high-quality reproduction of sound, and this speaker makes it happen. Steep slope acoustically engineered filters for higher efficiency, increased power handling and cleaner output. Impedance compensation networks for greater amplifier compatibility, increased detail, wider soundstage, improved imaging and better depth perception. Mylar film capacitors in-line with by-pass technology for increased detail and transparency. 18 gauge copper wire, high power, low resistance iron core coils and protection networks. Hard-wired NASA grade PC boards for much greater unit-to-unit consistency. Multi-composite polypropylene woofer with bump-down back plate and CCAW voice coils, combining for longer excursion, improved transient response and lower distortion output.Quality is a Priority
- extensive testing has been done on all final designs, as well as critical listening and final voicing, to ensure that we are delivering a top grade product that will satisfy even the most demanding audio purists.
There is a complete line of Smarthome SELECT products
available to help you build a premium home theater.Quick Tip
: Don't forget to add some speaker wire to your order!