- Built-in IR Sensor
- Control Volume And Mute Functions With Included Remote Control
- Built-in Speaker Relay
- Power Handling: 100 Watts RMS
- Selectable Impedance Magnification 1X, 2X And 4X
- 12 Step Control, 56dB Maximum Attenuation
- Removable Screwless Connector
- Recommended Use With MSU140, MSU250, MSU480, And MVC HUB4
- Override Control 12VDC @ 0.05mA
- Sleep Function
- Frequency Response: 20-20khz, +/- 1dB
- THD: <1%
- Dynamic Range: 43dB Over 12 Steps
- Stereo/Mono: Stereo
- DC Resistance: 5 Ohm Min
- Wire Requirements: Min. 18 AWG And CAT5 For Speakers, Power, IR And Control
- Warranty: 10 year limited
The Niles Audios EVC-100 is a wall-mount, infrared sensing, push button-style, stereo loudspeaker electronic volume control with muting and impedance magnifying in a single, easy-to-use component. It is designed to provide volume control of a loudspeaker pair (including muting and unmuting functions) and IR control of your A/V system from a remote location. The EVC-100 adjusts the volume of connected loudspeakers by attenuating the amplified audio signals. To assure minimal dissipation of internal power with virtually no power wasted as heat, Niles volume controls use autoformers instead of L-pads as the volume-controlling element. The EVC-100 is also an impedance-magnifying (IM) volume control. Unlike other brands, it has additional autoformer windings that magnify the impedance of connected speakers, while allowing all 12 steps to adjust the volume of the sound. A set of jumpers next to the speaker connections allows selection of the correct impedance setting. With the volume control providing impedance protection for your amplifier, you can create systems with no additional impedance-matching devices between the volume control and the amplifier. Installed in a remote room location, the EVC-100 receives the IR commands transmitted from your existing handheld remotes in that room. The commands are carried via a Cat-5 data cable to a main system unit in another room, and instantly repeated to your A/V equipment.
Other colors available are White
, each sold separately.
Features and Benefits
The EVC-100 offers a number of improvements over other volume controls:
- Fully factory-tested universal system that is compatible with virtually all brands of A/V equipment and remote controls.
- Push button-type electronic control that compliments Niles Audio CI keypads and modern lighting systems.
- A universal impedance-magnifying design enables the EVC-100 to act as both a stereo and an impedance-magnifying volume control.
- Loudspeaker impedance magnification by a factor of one, two, or four, while maintaining a 12-position adjustment range, regardless of how much impedance magnification is used.
- Override function allows page/doorbell signals to override the music at a preset level, even with the volume turned all the way down in mute state.
- Default Volume feature guards against high volume un-mutes.
- Sleep Timer for delayed EVC-100 muting with four possible count-down time periods.
- Status circuit monitors voltage from the source (i.e., trigger voltage of A/V receiver) for automatic mute control when a zone or system is first turned on.
- Precision autoformers provide superior sonic performance, exceeding the audio quality of nonimpedance magnifying volume controls.
- Isolated left- and right-channel grounds ensure safety with any amplifier
- May be used with 4-, 6-, or 8-ohm speaker systems
- UL-rated to comply with all local building codes
- Ideal for home and commercial sound installations
- Available colors: almond, black, bone, and white
- Fits into a standard 18-cubic-inch one-gang junction box
- Included remote control also provides volume control and mute and un-mute functions
Power Rating (Nominal): 20 Hz to 20 kHz; +/- 0.5 dB @ 8 ohms
Total Harmonic Distortion: <1.0 %
Impedance Settings: 1X, 2X, or 4X Jumpers
Minimum Speaker Load: 4 ohms
Dynamic Range: 49 dB (max. to min. audible)
Override Current Draw: 0.75 mA (logic only)
Status Current Draw: 25 mA
Maximum Current Draw: 40 mA
Operating Voltage: 12 Vdc
Sense Voltage: 9 to 12 Vdc
Override Voltage: 9 to 12 Vdc
Colors: White, Bone, Almond, Black
Unit Dimensions: 1-5/8" wide x 2-5/8" high x 2-9/16" deep (behind faceplate)
Faceplate Dimensions: 2-3/4" wide x 4-1/2" high
Only merchandise credit for defective items returned within 30 days of purchase. No other returns allowed on this item.
Manufacturer contact information: Niles Audio Corp, Tel: (305) 238-4373