- What's Included
Fascinated by robots? Now you can learn about how they work while simply having fun playing with a bunch of individual magnetic Cubelet robot blocks. The 6 Cubelet Starter Kit cb-kt-6 starter by Modular Robotics consists of six individual robotic blocks that each have built-in tiny computers that allow it to perform a specific function. On their own each Cubelet is simply a magnetic block but start snapping the different Cubelets together and they'll begin communicating with one-another to perform their specialized robotic actions. There's no wiring and no programming involved, just snap together and play.
This Starter Kit is consists of six total Cubelets, two Action, two Sense and two Think. The system is expandable to allow for the creation of more intricate robots or to just simply have additional pieces laying around to allow for more creativity. Children and adults alike will have fun for hours experimenting with all the robotic possibilities and watching their creations come to life right in front of them. Additionally this Starter Kit includes a robot building "recipe" card to help get you started with some basic robots to experience the possibilities that Cubelets provide.
Included Action Cubelets
- Drive: This Action Cubelet features a built-in motor with two roller wheels that will allow your Cubelet robots to roll. It will move in one direction while moving faster when input values are higher and slowing to a stop when a value is zero.
- Flashlight: Add a beam of light to your robot with this Action Cubelet containing a single powerful white LED. The light will not turn On when it has a value of zero and will illuminate as input values increase.
Included Sense Cubelets
- Brightness: Contains a built-in analog photocell light sensor that responds based upon the lighting conditions. Point the beam of a flashlight at the Cubelet and values will increase; place it in a dark room and values will drop to zero. When added to a Cubelet robot, the robot will respond and act based upon the amount of light it is exposed to.
- Distance: This sensor-based Cubelet will act as a proximity detector for the robots it is part of. The sensor is directional and uses infrared (IR) light to accurately detect how close/far it is from an object with a range from 10cm to 80cm.
- Battery: Exactly what you'd think it does. This Cubelet is what powers your robots. It has a power switch plus two rechargeable batteries that can be removed for charging. Add as many of these Sense Cubelets to your robots to increase power and run time which will be especially important when you start creating larger robots. When using multiples of this Cubelet they will intelligently communicate with one-another and in the event one has less of a charge it will shut down until it has the same charge as the other (for best operation use equally charged Cubelets). This Cubelet can only be powered with the Modular Robotics rechargeable battery.
Included Think Cubelets
- Passive: To make your robots bigger the Cubelets need a way to get information from one-another and this Cubelet helps them do that. Acting in a similar fashion to a wire, it will transmit data and power to other Cubelets.
- • Every robot will need at least one Sense Cubelet and one Action Cubelet because each robot needs to be able to sense and then act upon its surroundings
- • Once you've built a robot an easy way to discover and experiment with new creations is to swap Sense Cubelets with other Sense Cubelets and/or Action Cubelets with other Action Cubelets
- • Placement of each Cubelet makes a difference in how the robot will act and function. Directional Cubelets will alter how your robot works based upon it orientation within the robot.
Note: A battery charger will need to be purchased separately in order to recharge the batteries included in the Battery Cubelet
|Manufacturer Product No.||cb-kt-6starter|
|Total Cubelets Included||6|
|Expandable||Yes, add as much as you'd like|
|Recommended Ages||4 and older|
|Manufacturer Warranty||1 year|
|Assembled In||Boulder, Colorado|
Leave a Review
- 1x - Drive Cubelet
- 1x - Flashlight Cubelet
- 1x - Brightness Cubelet
- 1x - Distance Cubelet
- 1x - Battery Cubelet
- 1x - Passive Cubelet
- 1x - Robot Recipe Cards