Reduce Standby Power
- Now you can automatically turn off up to five entertainment system components when you turn off your TV, and easily reduce standby power.One Button Does It All
- Control power to your whole entertainment system with the push of a button - your TV's power button. Turn off your TV, and you DVD player, VCR, gaming console, receiver, subwoofers and more automatically turn off at the same time. Power Smart
- The Master Outlet senses when your TV is on or off and controls power to five peripheral outlets for your AV components. Two outlets stay on for devices that need continuous power, like DVRs.
• Resettable circuit breaker
• Power switch to manually turn off entire unit
• 4-foot cord length
• Color-coded outlets for easy installation
• "Protected" light to show when surge circuit is active
• "Not Grounded" light to indicate when a ground is not present
As reviewed by Yahoo Finance Technology Expert Katie Linendoll
Our entertainment systems consume a ton of energy. In fact, the Environmental Protection Agency estimates households spend roughly $100 per year powering devices while they're in a low power setting. Linendoll suggests investing in a device like the Belkin Conserve Smart AV - Auto-Off Surge Protector. It controls up to six audio-visual devices at once, and includes a master outlet which detects when your television is off and uses that information to power down the other 5 peripheral devices you'd likely be using with your TV, such as your gaming console or DVD player. The power strip's last two outlets help continuously power devices that always need to be on like your cable/satellite box or DVR. This product retails for around $27 but the EPA estimates that a smart" strip can reduce your monthly energy bill and pay for itself in just a few months.
for a complete list of Belkin Conserve