- Remotely control lighting, appliances, by directly accessing the system, sending Indigo an email, or 3rd party devices supported by Plug-ins, such as iTunes
- Allows Occupancy / Vacancy type control of lighting or appliances with the use of a motion sensor
- Receive automatic email or text messages based on specific events, such as power failures or motion detection
- Use the intuitive rule builder to create complex conditionals on Triggers and Schedules
- Provide perfect multi-room lighting scenes at the touch of a button
- Automatically control outdoor landscape lighting for added safety
Indigo 5, one of the most intelligent, and robust INSTEON / X10 - compatible Home Automation software available for the Mac operating system; this control server allows homeowners to integrate an array of popular INSTEON
devices for unprecedented control of your home lighting and appliances. Locally, remotely or automatically control or program Plug-in Modules
, Wire-in Modules
, Remote Controllers
, Low Voltage I/O Modules
and more. The built-in web server provides users with means to access their homes remotely via Mac's, PC's, Wi-Fi enabled tablets, PDA's, and mobile phones. With Indigo Touch (1.7 or above, sold though iTunes app store), user's will gain seamless remote control of their digital home through the use of an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, from virtually anywhere in the world; you can even receive email or text notifications for specific events, such as power failures or motion detection.
The Lite version of Indigo 5 can support up to 20 INSTEON devices and provides basic features that may not be suitable for more extensive systems, but perfect for those who are just begining with Starter Kits
containing very few devices, and not interested in complex control options. See Indigo 5 Pro
for support of an unlimited number of INSTEON or X10 devices and the most advanced control features. Note (1):
Indigo 5 will require a Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) operating system or better. All Mac hardware that has been officially supported by Mac OS X 10.5 will work with Indigo 5.Note (2):
This latest version of Indigo software is only compatible with Indigo Touch 1.7 or above. Those still using an older version of Indigo Touch can get the latest update from the iTunes app store.Note (3):
Indigo does not support the SmartLinc - INSTEON Central Controller (2412N)
at this time.INSTEON & Indigo:
In order for Indigo to manage, monitor, and control an INSTEON Dual-Band Network, one of the following computer interfaces will be needed: INSTEON PowerLinc Modem - USB (2412U), also with X10 support; requires the computer to stay "On" for operating scheduled timers and Triggered events.
PowerLinc Modem - Serial (2412S), also with X10 support; requires the computer to stay "On" for operating scheduled timers and Triggered events.
INSTEON PowerLinc Modem - USB (Dual-Band 2413U), also with X10 support; requires the computer to stay "On" for operating scheduled timers and Triggered events.
INSTEON PowerLinc Modem - Serial (Dual-Band 2413S), also with X10 support; requires the computer to stay "On" for operating scheduled timers and Triggered events.
INSTEON Portable USB Adapter (2448A7), INSTEON Only; requires the computer to stay "On" for operating scheduled timers and Triggered events.
Please visit the Perceptive Automation Inc. Web site for documentation on programming and operating your Indigo software.
1x - Indigo 5 Lite INSTEON - Compatible Software
Major New Features for Indigo 5
Indigo is available in two different versions, Indigo 5.0x Pro, which has many advanced features and offers support for an unlimited number of INSTEON devices, and the Indigo 5.0x Lite, with limited support and upgrades. There are many features only available in the Pro version. This will be indicated with the (Pro Version Only) notation next to the feature listed below.
(Pro Version Only) New plug-in support that will allow Perceptive Automation and other developers to add functionality without having to release a new update or new version of software. These plug-ins, can allow additional devices to be integrated directly with the various Indigo User Interfaces (UI), events appearing in the Triggers UI, and actions appearing in the Actions UI.
Plug-Ins included with Indigo:
- iTunes Plug-in - Use the status of your iTunes to control your INSTEON or X10 devices and vice versa. Allowing the creation of "iTunes Server" devices, to be used as a Trigger for user defined Actions such as switching lighting, appliances or any other controllable device via various state changes (play, paused, stopped, etc.) within iTunes. Use your INSTEON or X10 devices to create a change of state within your iTunes. No scripting required.
- NOAA Weather Plug-in - Use the state of your weather station to control your INSTEON or X10 devices. Allowing the creation of Weather Station devices, to be used as a Trigger for user defined Actions such as switching lighting, appliances or any other controllable device via various state changes (On or Off) Indigo automatically tracks Weather Station devices. The Weather Station devices can also be used for Conditions and information displayed on control pages.
- WeatherSnoop Plug-in - Use the data from your WeatherScoop app to control your INSTEON or X10 devices. Allowing the creation of Weather Station devices, to be used as a Trigger for user defined Actions such as switching lighting, appliances or any other controllable device via various state changes (temperature, wind direction, humidity, etc.) within Weather Station devices. The Weather Station devices can also be used for Conditions and information displayed on control pages.
- EasyDAQ Relay Card Plug-in - Use several USB controlled digital and relay i/o (Input/Output) channels to be controlled by your INSTEON, X10 and vice versa. Allowing the use of USB connected relay and digital i/o cards, to be used as a Trigger for user defined Actions such as switching lighting, appliances or any other controllable device via various state changes (On, Toggle, or Off status of a relay channel, Indigo automatically tracks all input and output channel states. The EasyDAQ devices also Allows users to create custom labels within Indigo, for each i/o channel. This helps you monitor, control, and receive alerts for your Low Voltage Devices such as door strikes, magnetic locks, sirens, chimes, garage doors, temperature/water/freeze sensors, and much more.
- iCal Alarm Processor Plug-in - Use the details within your reminder emails, sent from iCal, to be spoken by the Indigo system. Advanced features allow control of your INSTEON or X10 devices by adding Indigo actions to the iCal event's note field. Allowing iCal alarm emails, with specialty formats, to be monitored and used as a Trigger for user defined Actions such as switching lighting, appliances or any other controllable device via various iCal alarm emails.
- Airfoil Plug-in - Use the AirFoil app for streaming of audio and video, to other devices across your network, from your Mac, while keeping everything in sync. Apple TV's, Airport expresses, and other systems are commonly used for creating whole-home audio systems streaming via the Mac server running iTunes and/or other music applications. Allowing the functions in AirFoil, to be used as a Trigger (Based on speaker and audio states) for user defined Actions such as switching lighting, appliances or any other programmed Event (You must be running AirFoil on the same Mac as the Indigo server).
- DIRECTV DVR Plug-in - Use the Indigo software to command your DIRECTV DVR set-top box, as in change the channels and simulate the button press of a standard hand-held remote control.
- Growl Plug-in - (Requires Growl 1.2x, and will not work with Growl 1.3 +) Use the Actions UI (User Interface) tab for sending Growl messages and notifications.
- Action Collection Plug-in - Use a collection of miscellaneous actions to be executed by Python Scripts (Open File, Run Script, Write to Log, Insert Device State Into Variable, etc.). These actions are available through the Actions UI.
Condition Editor Plug-in - Use this standard feature for advanced rules (Any, All, or None) and new condition types (Time, Date, Device State Comparison, etc.) for fine tuning or customizing of Triggers and Schedules (Previously called Time/Date Actions).
New Keyboard Strokes - In most fields, CMD-D will now copy the selected items while the delete key will delete the highlighted objects. CMD-N will allow you to create a new item based on whatever you are looking at. In the main window the system uses whatever you have selected (Device, Trigger, etc.).
(Pro Version Only) New support for the Control Page Editor allows Cut/Copy/Paste between control pages as well as drag and drop. Drag and drop elements between pages and drop devices selected into a control page to add them.
(Pro Version Only) The Home window, which shows your Control Page list, is located in 5 areas. This allows you to drag and drop the Control Page for easy sharing through the Finder.
Access a contextual menu specific to the device by Right (control) clicking on any table. Copy the item's entire internal database to the clipboard using the new Copy ID (123) menu option. This ID is required for use with Python API so that items can continue to work even if the name of the device has been changed.
Expansions to the Help menu have been added to point you to the Official Documentation. This information is stored on the Perceptive Automation wiki system and is available through Web browsers.
(Pro Version Only) Python based scripting model. Python is now supported by the Execute Script action for both embedded and external script files, providing automatic access to a Python Indigo module.
(Pro Version Only) New interactive Python scripting environment provided by the Indigo Plugin Host, which makes talking to, and controlling the indigo Server very easy.
(Pro Version Only) New refreshing Image URL. This is a new control type for the Control Page editor which shows real-time updating images on web pages or Indigo Touch (Highly Recommended for SecuritySpy).
Other Enhancements and Improvements
Several new customizable columns are now featured on all tablets. Show/hide each column using the resulting menu, after right clicking on the header.
Added support for INSTEON:
- iMeter Solo. You will be able to track current Watts in use and accumulative kWh used from a user resettable time, via the Indigo UI and Indigo Web Server.
- RemoteLinc 2
- Dual-Band OutletLinc Dimmer
- SwithLinc Relay Timer
- Dual-Band KeypadLinc Relay
- (Pro Version Only) Thermostat Rev 2 and Integrated Thermostat (No Adapter), including temperature, humidity, set-point, mode updating without polling, equipment state tracking (cooling on/off, and heating on/off).
- Added Device state tracking of individual INSTEON KeypadLinc LED buttons, not just the main load.
- Added Turn On/Off Keypad button actions to control the LED's on the KeypadLinc. (This function requires an extended message compatible PowerLinc and KeypadLinc)
- Added ability to Remove Delayed Actions action, to remove delayed and auto On/Off actions.
- Added device option allowing you to disable Indigo communication (sending and receiving commands) for all device types.
- Added ability to Enable/Disable device actions.
- Added Beep Device action to allow you to remotely beep some newer INSTEON modules.
- Added ability to interactively skip sleeping INSTEON modules when performing a batch sync.
- Added the ability to remotely set backlight brightness of KeypaLinc buttons. (This function requires an extended message compatible PowerLinc and KeypadLinc)
- Added ability to remotely set the KeypadLinc to the 6 or 8 button configuration. (This function requires an extended message compatible PowerLinc and KeypadLinc)
(Pro Version Only) Improved reliability of client/server communication, especially when editing a large database.
(Pro Version Only) Improved reliability of the optional SQL logging client.
(Pro Version) Improved reliability of embedded AppleScript execution.
Modified UI to ensure that all user interface were given a defined tab order - Allowing all navigation from the keyboard.
File's paths shown by Right (Control) clicking on name of the database. This can only be done when the client is running on the same computer as the server.
(Pro Version Only) Plug-ins menu used as a replacement for the Scripts menu, this is now reflecting the new plug-in architecture.
(Pro Version Only)Added device images available for control pages to mimic Play/Stop buttons in iTunes for use with your iTunes server devices.
Interfaces are treated individually with individual status fields showing whether all interfaces are enabled, disabled, or in error states.
|Manufacturer||Perceptive Automation Inc.|
|Manufacturer Product No.||INDM50L-NC-DLR10|
Defective exchanges for identical item within 30 days of purchase. After 30 days, please contact the manufacturer.
Customers Also Bought