Click for larger image and other views
- Program and control INSTEON, Z-Wave, mBee, UPB, and X10 devices
- Schedule devices to create a more energy efficient home
- Enhanced mobile user interface - optimized for smart phone browsers
- Optional expansion modules available for energy management, security & surveillance, media control, data logging and more
- Supports mBee technology (ZigBee protocol / HA profile)
- Advanced surveillance with N-up camera display
Integrate all of your home automation systems into a single, easy-to-control interface using the INSTEON-compatible mControl v3 Software. The mControl v3 system provides home owners with unrivaled value for home monitoring and control. Providing an inexpensive platform for advanced automation solutions, mControl v3 is one of the most comprehensive multi-protocol automation softwares available. Whether making your personal living space more energy efficient, adding convenience with wireless (Remote Controlled) lighting and appliance controls, or deploying an energy management solution for a range of homes, mControl v3 is the perfect platform for the modern day "Digital Home".
mControl installs on your PC and has the flexibility to be controlled from your PC or via an internet ready mobile device. From the comfort of your desk or your couch, you can access and control your INSTEON
, mBee, UPB
, and X10
lighting or appliance controls, HVAC systems, security systems, IP surveillance cameras, media centers or audio/video (A/V) components, and 3rd party systems. Additional features offered by this system can provide the user with energy management and data logging capability. Create macros that link different automation devices and create scenes and events that will automate your lifestyle. Each macro can have one or more triggers; each trigger can have one or more conditions that will make your life more convenient and energy efficient. For operation, this product requires the use of a PowerLinc Controller - INSTEON USB Interface
, PowerLinc Modem - INSTEON USB
, PowerLinc Modem - INSTEON USB Interface (Dual-Band)
, Universal Devices ISY Controller
, and/or Somfy Universal RTS Interface II
.Why Should I Upgrade to the New mControl v3?New features not supported by older versions of mControl, such as the iPad/iPhone interface, mRemote, Module Maker, Data Logging, mChronicle, and more!
Embedded Automation Inc. will continue to add major (and minor) features to the mControl v3 software. mControl v2 wil still be updated as well, but only with minor features.
mControl v3 was developed to be Embedded Automation's platform for the future development of, and supports or is compatible with, the latest operating systems, technologies allowing a better migration to future platforms for example, Windows 8, new Home Automation protocols, and so on.
Your PC will need to remain on in order to execute timed commands and triggered events.
INSTEON-compatible mControl Software v3 is not compatible with SmartLinc - INSTEON Central Controller at this time.
Smarthome does not accept returns on any opened software.
1x - MCON-V3-BAS INSTEON-Compatible mControl Software v3, Base Module
1x - Installation Guide
The mControl v3 Base Module provides the foundation for mControl v3. This Base Module is what allows the user to incorporate all available forms of home mangment with their home automation lighting and appliance control.
This Base Module for mControl v3 provides support for the following features:
mControl v3 Automation Service/Server:
mControl v3 User Interfaces with Real-Time Status and Control:
- Real time automation and control engine
- Installed as Windows service for login-less operation
- Web server infrastructure - Can be configured for remote access
- Multiple, simultaneous user interfaces
- Scalable infrastructure for Home Area Network protocols/drivers
- User-programmable macro system
- Configurable operational logging system
- Code-based licensing system - Ability to activate and relocate licenses
- RESTful API - Software development kit (SDK)
Support of popular automation protocols, including:
- mControl Editor - Browser based system configuration and administration tool.
- mControl Mobile client - For use on web-enabled mobile devices.
- Media center client - For use on Microsoft Windows Media Center.
- iPad / iPhone client - For use on Apple iPad / iPhone (Free download from the Apple App Store).
- Compatible with any browser that supports Silverlight including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
- INSTEON - Includes INSTEON adapter utility which provides device management, network analysis, and direct INSTEON message sending.
- On/Off SwitchLincs and Appliance Modules: SwitchLinc Relay, SwitchLinc Relay W/Sense, SwitchLinc Relay - 2-Wire Kit, ICON In-Wall Relay, ApplianceLinc Indoor Plug-in, 3-Pin, ApplianceLinc Outdoor Plug-in, 3-Pin, and ICON Appliance Module Indoor Plug-in, 3-Pin.
- Dimmer SwitchLincs and Lamp (Dimmable) Modules: SwitchLinc Dimmer, SwitchLinc Dimmer Dual-Band, High Wattage SwitchLinc Dimmer, High Wattage SwitchLinc Dimmer, Dual-Band, ICON In-Wall Dimmer, Dual-Band LampLinc, 2-Pin, LampLinc, 3-Pin, LampLinc, 2-Pin, and ICON Plug-In Dimmer, 2-Pin.
- KeyPadLinc Modules: KeypadLinc Dimmer, 8-Button, KeypadLinc Dimmer, 6-Button, Dual-Band KeypadLinc Relay, 6-Button, KeypadLinc Relay, 6-Button, KeypadLinc 8-button Countdown Relay, and KeypadLinc 8-button Countdown Dimmer.
- Energy Modules: iMeter Solo Plug-In, and INSTEON Energy Display.
- GarageHawk Remote: GarageHawk Starter Kit.
- Irrigation Module: EZFlora INSTEON/X10 Sprinkler Controller.
- Motion Sensor: INSTEON Motion / Occupancy Sensor.
- Multi-I/O: EZIO 4 Input/2 Output Relay Controller.
- Thermostat: INSTEON Remote Control Thermostat 1-Day Programmable, INSTEON Remote Control Thermostat 7-Day Programmable.
- Z-Wave - Includes Z-Wave adapter utility.
- Z-Wave Compatible Adapters and Devices:
- X10 Support
- X10 Compatible Adapters and Devices: CM11A 2-Way Computer Interface, CM15A PLC and RF Interface, CM19 RF Interface, CM17A Firecracker, W800RF (RF Receiver), and 1132CU PowerLinc Controller, USB.
- X10 on/off switches and appliance modules.
X10 dimmable switches and lamp modules.
- X10 sensors (e.g., motion).
- X10 I/O modules (e.g., universal I/O, chimes).
- Support for mBee technology (ZigBee wireless technology HA profile).
- Support for third party drivers.
Additional mControl v3 Modules (Sold Separately).
The mControl v3 Base Module (described on this product page) is a required module for the operation of mControl v3 software. Start with the mControl v3 Base Module, then add functionality, as needed, by purchasing additional expansion modules for the mControl v3 software. Below is a description of the additional modules available for mControl v3 software, and their features.
Energy Management (MC3EM)- Make your Digital Home more energy efficient.
Security and Surveillance (MC3SS)- Make your Digital Home more secure.
- Support for communicating thermostats:
- Support for energy monitoring systems:
Media Control (MC3MC)- Take control of your Digital Home's media infrastructure.
- Support for popular security systems:
- DSC PowerSeries series of security systems (via PC5401 Data Interface or IT-100 Integration Module)
- Elk M1 series of security systems (via RS-232 or IP connection)
- Ademco VISTA-128BP and VISTA-250BP security systems (via 4100SM serial module or NuTech AD2USB adapter)
- Support for Camera systems:
- N-up real-time display of cameras.
- Programmable recording of video (initiated by motion, time or other events).
- Pan-tilt-zoom and pre-stored locations (if supported by camera).
- Manual or macro-based recording of video (AVI) or snapshots (JPG).
- Ability to add other (CGI controlled) IP camera systems.
- Macro triggers initiated by camera motion, time or other events (Axis cameras only).
- Support for most IP cameras including via JPG, MJPG, H.264 streams.
- Native Drivers provided for the following camera manufacturers:
- AirLink 101
- AVIOSYS International Inc.
Professional Systems (MC3PRO)- Connect to professional systems within your Digital Home.
- Support for IR and relay control systems:
- Global Cache GC-100 line of IR and relay control systems: GC-100-06, GC-100-12, GC-100-18, and GC-100-18R
- Global Cache iTach IR and relay control systems: IP2CC-P, IP2IR, WF2SL, IP2CC, WF2CC, IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2SL-P, and IP2IR-P
- Bitwise Control IR and relay control system: BC-IRI
- USB-UIRT IR control
- HACS AB8SS (A/B 7 Speaker switch box)
- Windows Media Center controller (requires 3rd party WMC TCP/IP Controller Utility): Manual or macro-based control of Windows Media Center (When used as "Event Trigger").
- Native Windows Media Center (MCML) application provides high-fidelity (10 foot remote) graphical user interface based on Windows.
Data Logging (MC3DL)- Allow mControl to chronicle the activity within your Digital Home.
- 3rd Party Home Automation Control Systems:
- Creates a historical record of events and statuses.
- Logging of all device change activity stored via date labeled text files; these can be used to parse and process data for further analysis.
|Manufacturer||Embedded Automation Inc|
|Manufacturer Product No.||MCON-V3-BAS|
|Supported operating systems||Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Home Server 2011 (Support for both x86 and x64 platforms)|
|User Interfaces||Native iPad/iPhone (iOS), Microsoft Windows Media Center (Vista and Windows 7), Browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome), mobile devices (including iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows 7 devices) and touch screens/tablets|
|Utilities||mControl Manager (system configuration), mControl Editor (operational control and administration), Z-Wave Adapter Manager, INSTEON Adapter Manager, Client Configuration Utility|
|Device Types||Lighting, HVAC, security systems, IP cameras, irrigation systems, A/V systems, window shades and much more|
|Protocols||mBee Technology (ZigBee), INSTEON, Z-Wave, KNX, X10 and many others|
|Automation||Macro engine supports scheduled tasks, event-based tasks, scenes|
|Data Logging||Data logging engine, mChronicle application to parse/export data|
|Universal Remote||Module Maker manages connections/messages, mRemote interface|
|Help||Automatic logging sub-system, comprehensive user manuals, community forum, help desk|
|Extensibility||Software Development Kit (SDK) based on RESTful API for custom user interfaces/software, Driver Development Kit (DDK) for drivers|
|Microsoft .NET||Microsoft .NET v3.5 (for client only installs)Microsoft .NET v4.0 (for server/client installs)|
|Web Server||Internet Information Server (IIS) 7,Internet Information Server (IIS) 6+ for WHS "Classic"|
|Memory||Minimum 1GB (RAM), Minimum 100MB (Disk space) - Additional recommended for camera recording|
|Interfaces||Ethernet/Internet recommended, Serial/USB interfaces maybe required for specific protocols |
Only defective exchanges for identical item within 30 days of purchase. No other returns allowed on this item. For defective returns after 30 days, please contact the manufacturer.
Customers Also Bought